Harmony Hill and the wonderful people who live there are fictional.
Some of the stories they tell have been inspired by real people in my life.
I hope you enjoy my work. Most of the credit should go to my three sons
for the inspiration and spark of insanity I needed to write this entertaining blog.




Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Child Shall Lead Them

He sits alone in the sandbox
In his world filled with impossible dreams
He has yet to learn of the sorrow
Of a world filled with treachery and schemes

He believes the world will embrace him
Even though he is crippled and small
There is room for all kinds of people
For Granny told him "God loves us all"

Some may look at this baby
So homely and exceptionally small
Their hearts may ache for his mother
Who was once the bell of the ball

Others may say it is justice
For the pain that she caused in her past
Now she will know all the misery
The queen has been dethrone at last

I watched each day as his mother
Slowly drifted away in her shell
As her baby just kept playing
Unaware of her personal hell

What do you say to a person
Who had caused you a lifetime of pain
How many nights I spent crying
Until I was physically drained

Then I watched as my own little baby
Walked over to her little son
Soon they were laughing and giggling
Two little playmates just having fun

I stood and watched in amazement
And saw what love truly can do
This world is just what you make it
It is really all up to you

Slowly I walked over to his mother
Letting my heart lead the way
Praying the Lord would give me
The words that I needed to say

I sat down on the bench beside her
And took her hand into mine
Before I could utter a word
Her eyes started to sparkle and shine

With a smile so long hidden
As a tear gently fell from her cheek
She hugged me so long and so tightly
There was no need to speak

I know that a miracle happened
Right there at the playground that day
When two cold hearts final melted
At the sight of their babies at play