Harmony Hill and the wonderful people who live there are fictional.
Some of the stories they tell have been inspired by real people in my life.
I hope you enjoy my work. Most of the credit should go to my three sons
for the inspiration and spark of insanity I needed to write this entertaining blog.




Monday, January 11, 2010

The Path Of Life

While walking down the path of life
I came to a fork in the road
I didn’t know which path to take
For I was carrying a heavy load

My head was telling me take the path to the right
It is so bright and sunny
You don’t have to worry about anyone
It’s a life filled with luxury and money

My heart was pleading to go to the left
But the path was so bumpy and long
With all that I needed to carry
I couldn’t take a chance that it might be wrong

My soul then gently prodded
Straight is the path you should take
But it was so overgrown and lonely
I was fearful this path would be a mistake

As I stood there lost and frighten
Praying I would choose the right road
He came to me soft as a whisper
And offered to lighten my load

Reluctantly I put down my bundle
I felt nervous and a little ashamed
How could I accept help from this kind stranger
I didn’t even know his name

Dear child you knew me when you were a baby
For I have been with you every moment of your life
How sad you have forgotten me
Now you are lost in a world filled with strife

Slowly He opened my bundle
And took a long look inside
It was filled with fear, guilt and worry
There was so much sorrow He actually cried

My precious child why do you feel
You must carry this around
There is a world filled with love and laughter
It is so unnecessary to let this weigh you down

One by one he took each pain and asked
“Will you please give this to me?”
I felt my heart becoming lighter
My spirit was being set free

When I looked up to thank Him
For His love and generosity
I found to my amazement
A new path had opened up to me

I knew in an instant that this is the path
I would travel until my dying day
I will always give thanks and praise
That He had stopped to show me the way

I know now that negative emotions
Will only weigh me down
A positive, loving attitude
Is much lighter I have found

So if you find a fork in the road
And choosing becomes an unbearable task
Remember He is always there to love and guide you
All you have to do is ask