Harmony Hill and the wonderful people who live there are fictional.
Some of the stories they tell have been inspired by real people in my life.
I hope you enjoy my work. Most of the credit should go to my three sons
for the inspiration and spark of insanity I needed to write this entertaining blog.




Monday, January 11, 2010

Why Am I Thankful To Be A Teenager In Y2K?

I am thankful for the cell phone I use to communicate
My own TV, computer and Playstation… I think it’s really great

I can cook a meal in a minute and then pitch out the dish
I have my own car and can drive where ever I wish

I need not worry about having cash; I have my own credit cards
It is nice to have freedom and to know the choice is really ours

Who cares if I have homework or stay out very late
As long as I have friends who think that I am great

No one to bug me about where I am going or even what I wear
No one asking me “How was your day?” as if they really care

No one is there to laugh with, talk to or listen to my fears
No one is there… no one cares… so I dry my own tears

When I have a question and the answer I cannot find
I take a drink or have a smoke… I am sure my parents do not mind

As long as I don’t inconvenience them, I am free to do my thing
These are the things I look forward to when I hear the New Year’s bell ring