Harmony Hill and the wonderful people who live there are fictional.
Some of the stories they tell have been inspired by real people in my life.
I hope you enjoy my work. Most of the credit should go to my three sons
for the inspiration and spark of insanity I needed to write this entertaining blog.




Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Thought It Was Forever.

I wasn't looking for fame and fortune
Or a life filled with material things
I wanted the simple things life had to offer
And the joy that they would bring


To walk through life with my beloved
Facing life's adventures, whatever they might be
To have a cozy home filled with children
And loving family


And then one day it happened
My fondest dream came true
A life filled with love and laughter
Is what I saw when I looked at you.


You told me that you loved me
And want to make my dreams come true
If only I would be patient
And put my trust in you


I gave you everything I had
My love, my soul, my life
I tried to do everything you asked of me
To be your perfect wife


The Lord blessed us with three wonderful sons
And a cozy home to make our life complete
I thought all my prayers were answered
For I was unaware of your deceit


I believed you when you told me
You loved me with all your heart
I was the one you would love and cherish
Until death us do part


Often you would abandoned me
Always leaving on some important quest
You said this would make you happy
"Believe me, it's for the best"


And so I let you have your space
To do what you had to do
I loved you with all my heart
And believed that time would see us through


The road was often rocky
My nights sometimes filled with fear
But I told myself just hang tight
One day he will again call me dear


So patiently I waited
Our babies grew into men
But nothing I did could keep
Our marriage from coming to an end


You took only the best
And left me with the useless clutter
"If you sell it, send me my half"
Is all that you did mutter


With deep sorrow I watched
As strangers picked apart my life
Reducing my dreams to pennies
It cut through me like a knife


The yard sale is over
Our dream house has been sold
Just pitch the rest of the junk
Was the advice I was told


With each useless item
I put into the trash
Went a broken promise
And the sorrow that was attached


I found myself getting stronger
I realized that this was meant to be
I know I will get through this
With God's help and my loving family


Although my journey is far from over
My path somewhat unclear
I know that I will make it
For I have survived my greatest fear