Harmony Hill and the wonderful people who live there are fictional.
Some of the stories they tell have been inspired by real people in my life.
I hope you enjoy my work. Most of the credit should go to my three sons
for the inspiration and spark of insanity I needed to write this entertaining blog.




Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary Darling

Oh hello

 I’m okay, thanks for asking.

I am just a little weepy. I found a letter I wrote to my dear husband on the eve of our 25th wedding anniversary while going through some old pictures, letters and cards that I have been holding onto for far too long. I can’t believe how quickly time passes. It seems like only yesterday I was getting married and raising my sons.

Are you sure you want me to read it to you?

Dear Richard,

Remember this evening when I was in the middle of making dinner and helping the boys with their homework you asked me why I loved you and agreed to marry you and I lovingly replied, “Because you asked me.”? Then later when I was picking up the trash the dog got into because someone didn’t take it out after dinner like he promised, you asked me if I would do it all over again if I had the chance and I dutifully responded, “Yeah sure… I guess.”? Well as I lie hear listening to you snore I have thought of better answers to your questions. I thought of waking you up to tell you, but tomorrow being our 25th wedding anniversary, I decided to let you sleep… pretty thoughtful huh.

I love you because you can watch gory operations on the Discovery Channel while eating popcorn and ice cream, run outside with the neighborhood guys to see a squirrel that had been blown up when it got into the electric transformer then sit down to dinner and gut a deer then go out for pizza and beer, but turn green at the sight of a dirty diaper and “doggy presents” and have to lie down for a few hours.

I love you because you had no trouble telling everyone at my brother’s wedding you were going to quit your job and take up fly fishing and that you complained so loudly during the Priest’s sermon about the pimple on your butt that he was compelled to add you to the Prayer For The Sick list, but you have to whisper, “Yeah me too,” whenever I end my calls to you at work by saying “I love you” for fear the guys will hear you and tease you for the rest of the day.

I love you because every time I ask you if I look fat you reply “only if you want to” or when I start to feel self-conscious about my wrinkles you lovingly point out that a Shar-Pei has far more wrinkles than I do and people love them.

I love you because I let you wander around the house looking for your reading glasses and then after 15 minutes of unsuccessful looking I calmly walked over to you and gently slide them off your head onto your nose, instead of being mad you chuckled and gave me a kiss.

Would I do it all over again? Yes, in a heartbeat!

 Happy anniversary darling.

With all my love, Bella

It’s hard to believe that Richard passed away over 5 years ago… oh how I miss him. We would have celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary in May.

Enough melancholy, let’s go into the kitchen and I’ll bake an apple pie.